Monday, August 23, 2010

The Raw Denim Path

Jeans is probably one of the most popular and yet most difficult to buy items of clothing in most people's wardrobe. After a sad period of time in the late 1990s - early 2000s where people went all ridiculous with their falling-to-pieces ripped and over-designed jeans (Rock & Republic: I am talking to you!), the raw denim trend was a welcoming change where jeans return to their basic roots.

I personally have many pairs of jeans but only a few of them get worn very often. My favourite is still the raw denim Nudie Slim Jim I purchased 2 years ago. They are of great quality Japanese denim and have soften over time as they get worn. Other than Nudie, I also have tried Dr. Denim, Cheap Monday, Naked and Famous but none has fitted me as nicely as Nudie does.

Whatever brand of raw denim you buy though, there are few key things to remember. I came across this guide here that would be of great help if you want to get the most out of your raw denim. Give it a try and whatever you do, try to hold off from washing in the first 6 months (I was able to exceeded 6 months before my first wash - Don't judge me!).

Photo courtesy of ssense.com

No comments:

Post a Comment